My research interests fall in the general area of and applications of natural language processing (NLP), especially the recent developments in transfer learning, common sense reasoning, representation learning to work towards the goal of the combination of language understanding and generation. In May 2017, our proposed model (MEMEN) achieved the second place on the leaderboard of the Stanford Question Answering Dataset (SQuAD).
• I'm excited to join the Alibaba DAMO Academy as a research intern!
• Our paper "Reinforced Dynamic Reasoning for Conversational Question Generation" got accepted in ACL 2019, Florence, Italy.
• I am excited to visit the Ohio State University and work with Prof. Huan Sun!
• Our work in NeurIPS 2018 was invited to have a talk on the 16th China Symposium on Machine Learning Applications (MLA 2018), Nanjing, China.
• Our paper "MacNet: Transferring Knowledge from Machine Comprehension to Sequence-to-Sequence Models" got accepted in NeurIPS 2018, Montreal, Canada.
• Our work in ACL 2018 was invited to present on The Third SFU-ZJU Joint Symposium on Big Data and Visual Computing, Hangzhou, China.
• Our paper "Discourse Marker Augmented Network with Reinforcement Learning for Natural Language Inference" got accepted in ACL 2018 (oral), Melbourne, Australia.
• Our Model "MEMEN" achieved the second place on the SQuAD leaderboard!
• Our paper "Robust Asymmetric Bayesian Adaptive Matrix Factorization" got accepted in IJCAI 2017, Melbourne, Australia.
Link to [Google Scholar]
MEMEN: Multi-layer Embedding with Memory Networks for Machine Comprehension
Boyuan Pan, Hao Li, Zhou Zhao, Bin Cao, Deng Cai, Xiaofei He
arXiv preprint arXiv:1707.09098
Robust Asymmetric Bayesian Adaptive Matrix Factorization
Xin Guo, Boyuan Pan, Deng Cai, Xiaofei He
Proceedings of the 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2017)
2016/09 - present
• Ph.D. in Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University.
2012/09 - 2016/06
• B.S. in Mathematical Science, Zhejiang University.
2014/08 - 2014/09
• Summer School, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
2019/06 - present
• Research Intern at Alibaba DAMO Academy, Hangzhou, China.
2018/11 - 2019/05
• Visiting Scholar at Ohio State University, Columbus, USA.
2017/10 - 2018/09
• Research Intern at YIWISE.AI, Hangzhou, China.
2016/11 - 2017/09
• Research Intern at Eigen Technologies, Hangzhou, China.
2015/07 - 2015/08
• Summer Research at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA.
Program Committee Member: AAAI (2018), ACL (2018, 2019), NeurIPS (2019).
Journal Reviewer: IEEE TNNLS.